Monday 9 August 2010

PLAN B 'RETIRES' STRICKLAND BANKS

Soul rapper Plan B has revealed he will be 'retiring' his character Strickland Banks after his countrywide tour.

He said:

"He’s a soul singer who’s found success very quickly and it’s gone to his head. I’m just telling a story, a scene from my career and it won’t be around for ever.

"[Banks is] completely disconnected, a fictional creation, fictional people, no relation to my life. Now the music is so successful it’s getting harder.

"I’m like a film director. On the album cover it says Plan B presents… The Defamation of Strickland Banks. It’s me portraying this character Strickland Banks for this one project, this one album."

He revealed that he may return with a totally different vibe on his next album saying:

"It could be dubstep or reggae. We almost released a folk song. That's the thing about me. If I feel like I’ve created a great piece of music then it doesn’t matter what genre it is, I’ll put my name to it.

Folk?? Really?? Maybe he should just stick with the soulful rap...

No comments:

Post a Comment